Monday, October 7, 2013

Family Name



My Commentary Is Biased, But Still...It's Great
This is a remarkable detective/genealogical story, and an engrossing philosophical meditation on race, and the things (like roots) that can link seemingly diverse people. I first saw this when it ran on PBS in 1998, and was pretty amazed - about halfway through - to see some cousins of my dad's. I was completely blown away. A wonderful wonderful film.

Great Documentary!!!
I've always wanted to know more about my family. This documentary was masterfully made and elegant in its realism. If you are an Alston (or Allston/Alstone) you NEED to have this in your collection, be you Black or White. BUY IT!!!!

Also, my video came early, and who can complain about that!?!?! BUY THE DOCUMENTARY!!!!

My family!
I purchased this for my husband due to his last name; We have watched this several times with other family members. It was great learning more about his family.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment