Thursday, October 3, 2013

Skills of Hapkido



Good for New / Mid Level Students
I've practice Hapkido for several years and I find this video to be a good reference tool. How many videos out there would give you a detail explanation of the concepts (i.e. where to grip, where to apply pressure, how to perform a specific movement, etc.) before they show you how to execute each skill in its entirety? This dvd does that. I appreciate that they cover these little details in close up and diagrams. And it doesn't rush through the skills. I think it spends on average about 3 mins or more on each skill.

It is true that this video won't cover tons of skills though. I can see why some people may get upset over this if they were expecting an all inclusive video curriculum. But like its title said, it's an "introductory / intermediate GUIDE". And I think overall it delivers.

I think what it lacks in volume it makes up for in quality. I personally like the picture-in-picture close ups. I thought it makes it much easier to understand when I can see the...

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I gave this video one star DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY on it,I recently ordered it and viewed it,and let me tell you the guy who gave it 5 stars is obviously confused,i have studied some hapkido and i was under the impression you could learn from this dvd but i felt like the close up views were split second so you might as well pause it yourself manually,the wide angle the same bologni and they are kind enough to show you about three techniques per section and there is only about 4 sections principles,gripping,throw defense and knife defense,i bought robert koga's PRACTICAL AIKIDO hoping to learn something,but the guy spent half of the video having other people praise him,IT WAS TOTAL GARBAGE,AND SO IS THIS.I would sell it,only viewed it once but by the time i pay commision and postage i might as well SNAP IT IN HALF AND TOSS IT IN THE TRASH.This dvd is absolutely horrible this guy should be ashamed that he baits up the trailer video to be something it is not,so please put a stop...

it was okay.
bought DVD. watched first 10 minutes of it. couldn't really get into it. seemed really simple. not for experienced martial artists, that's for sure. maybe a beginner would love it?

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment